Stay tuned for plans for the next Literacy Summit. In the meantime, please join our directory. Connect with other literacy champions in your community, and see how you can partner with each other to improve literacy levels in the Midlands.
Every year, Literacy 2030 hosts a summit to bring literacy leaders and community advocates together for support, inspiration and creative brainstorming. These summits are wonderful opportunities to network and share successes as well as setbacks. Participants leave the summit feeling inspired and reinvigorated to continue marching toward a fully literate South Carolina.
LITERACY SUMMIT 1
October 16, 2010
In October 2010, Margaret Doughty of Literacy Powerline came to Columbia for our first summit. The goals of the summit were:
- Identify the top barriers to literacy in each county
- Determine where there might be gaps or overlaps in service between existing organizations and programs
- Establish best practices for literacy efforts
- Learn about funding opportunities for literacy programs
- Create action plans for addressing the needs of South Carolina residents